Planning a kid’s birthday party can be stressful. I’m here to tell you it doesn’t have to be. There are so many fun ideas to choose from. Below are just a few unique ideas I’ve found. Keep in mind that these pictures are posted by professional party planners! There’s no need to try to recreate all the details. After all, you deserve to enjoy your kid’s birthday too. Children are most interested in playing with friends, eating cake, and opening presents on their birthday anyway. Below are a few of my favorite theme ideas, but don’t forget to ask your birthday girl or boy what they want at their party before choosing!
1. Mad Scientist Party from Pop Sugar Moms. You don’t have to get this fancy, but I love the gummy worms on the trays and the glass vases filled to look like chemical mixtures of some sort. Have the children create their own mixes too!
2. Goldilocks and the Three Bears from Pop Sugar Moms. Have children pick out seats at the table that are juuust right for them!
3. The Great Outdoors from Apartment Therapy. I love this one because it gives kids a chance to run around outside and provides a sense of adventure.
4. Happy Bee Day from Enchanted Events & Design. How cute is this cake?! This would be a perfect party for those spring birthdays that are hard to find themes for.
5. Princess and the Pea Pajama Party. If you have a little girl, you have to take a minute to check this one out.
When done right, your children will remember their birthday parties forever. You don’t need perfect decorations or expensive cakes to please your little one. If you keep their interests in mind, they will be sure to have a memorable day.
I had a great time sewing this pirate flag for a birthday party at the Aquatic Center in Christiansburg recently. The kids were really getting into character. Please feel free to contact me if you need something similar done.
Remember there is only one day left to nominate someone for the Sew Sophisticated Superlative contest!
Comment and let me know the best birthday theme, game, cake or present you have ever seen, and check out my website by clicking on the daisy below.